Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Prayer in a Time of Trouble

I was cleaning my apartment on Wednesday morning, preparing for a yearly inspection that our city does on all of its apartment buildings. As I was going through the process of cleaning, I found a book that I had bought several months ago called "Life-Changing Moments with God: Praying Scripture Every Day." I honestly thought I had lost this book so to find it was quite a surprise and in reading the prayer yesterday, I know that God had planned for me to find that book on that very morning to read that very prayer to help me walk through the very situation I find myself in. God works that way. And so, because I needed to see it, I'm putting it out there for whoever else may benefit from it as well.

"Lord God, You are my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore I will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling. I will enter my chambers, and shut my door behind me; hide myself, as it were, for a little moment, until the indignation is past. For behold, You, Lord, come out of Your place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity. In the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by. My life is hidden with Christ in You, Lord God.
I will not be afraid of evil tidings; my heart is steadfast, trusting in You, Lord.
Jesus has spoken to me, that in Him I may have peace. In the world I will have tribulation; but I will be of good cheer, for You have overcome the world.
You are my peace and hope, Lord God, my Refuge and my Strength - and I praise You."

For what its worth, that is what I wanted to share today.

No comments: