Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Darkness vs. Light

I have probably read the book of Ephesians at least 20 times. I've probably heard countless messages on what Paul had to say. Why then did I not see what was written in Ephesians 5:8 when is says: "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord." I had always read this verse as "for you were once IN darkness, but now you are IN the light of the Lord." Craziness!!

The eyes of my understand not yet opened, I read this passage to understand that I was in darkness (which I was but that's a whole other story) and now I am in the light of the Lord (which I am, but again, a whole other story.) This verse clearly says that I was the darkness and now I am the light. Quite a concept to grasp, yet another to live.

I know that the things that I did were in the darkness, as most evil things are, and those things have been exposed by the light of Jesus. Once they are in the light, they can be dealt with accordingly. However, I don't think I have had a concept that not only was I in the darkness but I was the darkness. It's a little easier to grasp that I am the light in the Lord now (once again, a whole other thing to live it) because there are verses elsewhere that say this. I've read them, I know that they are there. But I don't think I've ever read that I was the darkness.

I'm going to take a little journey into learning more about this. Any insight that others have is obviously more then I have now. Please feel free to comment here about what you have learned in regards to this. I will do my best to share what I have learned with you later.

For what it's worth, that is what I wanted to share today.

No comments: