Monday, June 23, 2008

Qualified

"God does not choose the qualified, he qualifies the chosen."

I was sitting in a meeting the other night and these words hit me across the brain with great power. I have been struggling for sometime now with what the Lord is calling me to do, words that have been spoken over me, leading me into eventual ministry. I have been wrestling with the fact that I am not an eloquent speaker nor am I studied in Biblical matters. All I know is that God has saved me from the fires of hell, he has destroyed the works of the devil in my life and now I know peace.

In my mind, I don't see myself as qualified for anything. But God uses my exact weaknesses and shines through them so that all around will see that it is Him and not me. I don't have to be qualified, I just have to be willing to learn and to move in the power of the Holy Spirit. I am chosen just because I am a child of God. My Daddy is teaching me the family business, which is to save others from the fires of hell, destroy the works of the devil and teach of the peace only Christ can give.

I don't need to know everything, I just need to know one thing: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments: